Tuesday, August 07, 2007

time wasted

so aggravated with time lately. There's either not enough of it, or on rare occasions, too much of it. Having trouble finding that balance. I think my trouble lies in the patience of time. So maybe i'm not really aggravated with tiem, but with my lack of patience. Know that that i'm absolutely aggravated at my lack of patience, which, of course, just makes me more aggravated. I've noticed over the last few weeks i've had less and less patience for people who waste my time. It's not that i feel like my time is more valuable than any one else's. I just feel a generqal loss of respect from people in terms of wasting time. Mostly it comes from my clients. I've had several clients as of late who have shown a blatent disregard for our time together, which i feel is disrespectful to me personally. This morning i waited 45 minutes for a client to be ready to go. I was there on time. He wasn't ready, and took his sweet time. It wasn't a personal attack towards me, but i was angry. Yesterday, a client was in her pjs eating breakfast (at noon) when i arrived, and it as almost two hours later that we were finally able to leave. Yes, i was angry. But the thing is, i can still bill for that time, and it ended up as a consequence for both clients later on in the appointment since there was not enough time to do what they wanted to do due to their tardiness. This gets me. I feel like i bust my ass to get where i'm supposed to be on time, and i have very little patience for people who are consistently running late. I feel that it's rude and disrespectful. And i've just hadd a lot of it lately. Then i have to remember that my clients have a mental illness that might prevent them from being on time, blah blah blah. It's a huge balance between what i can toleerate perrsonally, and what i can tolerate professionally. Sometimes it's hard for me to diferentiate between the two, especially when it comes down to time.

I just don't feel like i have enough of it lately. There are so many things that i'd like to be doing, but there are not enough hours in the day. I want to write more. I want to knit and crochet more. I want to spend more time with my husband. i want to do my work paperwork better. i want i want i want

No comments: