Thursday, March 24, 2005

Confessions of a Yarn Junkie

so i go to wally world on the pretense of buying a new book shelf for my home office. they are, of course, out of them. i was there only 3 days ago to buy a book shelf. and now they're out. maybe next week, they tell me. k. no biggie. but i'm in cleaning my office mode. spent all day yesterday dismantling my old shelving system (plastic crates, anyone?). i love my new shelf, but of course not everything fits in them. *scream* so frustrating. so i went to get another one. already said that. anyway. ended up wandering the yarn aisle. go figure. i promised my fiance that i wouldn't turn our house in to a yarn barn. that promise was broken about a day after i made it. i am a yarn junkie. i suffer from yarn acquisition syndrome (YAS). badly. i also have pattern acquisition syndrome (PAS), but that's another story. wasn't planning on buying anything today since i don't *need* anything (but do i ever?) nor have any projects in mind for new yarn. but i found some rh that i've never seen before. and also had to get some fuzzy stuff to play with. came home and sat down with a different bag of yarn that i purchased a few weeks ago to make a funky scarf. been wanting to play with this stuff. unfortunately, i'm not too impressed. but it looks good. so add another wip to my ever growing list....

No comments: