Saturday, January 19, 2008

Puerto Vallarta, pt 2


on the plane back now. Home. Can't wait to get there. Strange thing about vacations: always can't wait to get away, but even harder to wait to get home. I miss my husband. I miss our cats. I even miss work and my clients. I miss my life.

luckily, the plane wasn't full, so i got to move from my squished up seat. I was in a row with two other people who both took up two seats with their girth. Now, we all know that i'm not one to talk about someone's weight, people in glass houses and all that, but i had literally half an airplane seat, and was leaning out into the aisle. Not fun. Especially since the seats are so small to begin with. So i got to move. In a row all by myself. Which is really nice. I don't want to talk to people on planes. I always feel like i'm yelling, and i don't hear too well anyway.

Not too much eventful happened after the double daquiris. The weather was often spotty, but we braved it out (me often under a blanket of towel) by the pool. I tried a wonderful new drink (well, new to me anyway, considering it'd been over a year since i had any alcohol) called the mojito. So yum. New favorite. Read 12 of the 13 books i had brought, plus one of mom's. Into the 13th one now. Pretty good. Needed a break from reading though.

we went to a couple different breakfast places, nothing memorable. Ate lunch by the pool, splitting a sandwich or chicken quesadilla. Dinner was probably the highlight. Wednesday night, afteer our 2nd massages (pure bliss), we went to tikul. Verry yum. Macademia nut encrusted seabass. Another new favorite. Shopping at little stores.

Thursday night we went to Archie's Wok, a perrenial favorite. I thought it was just okay. Not as good i remembered. But their mojito was better than the ones by the pool. Then we went to a little jewelry store in the area. Really pretty stuff. I bought 2 rings and 2 bracelets.

or, i should say, i tried to buy 2 rings and 2 bracelets. My credit card was denied :( as it turns out, the company had arbitrarily lowered my limit between the time i left for mexico, and thursday. They sent a letteer, i was told. That's very nice, thank you, but i'm in mexico, and this is the only card i brought with me, what can you do to help me so i can eat the next two days? Finally, i got a guy who was nice and understanding, and agreed to extend my limit a little for the next few days. Nothing like getting your credit card denied while on vacation. At least the story has a happy ending: mom paid for all my jewelry. I really found some gorgeous stuff.

had seen a little square ring in a store earlier in the week, but it didn't fit. Finally found it again in a little store downtown where the owner told me i was a very pretty woman and spoke excellent spanish. He knew how to sell.

let's see... Friday night we went to barcelona tapas bar. Not bad. Their daquiri was horrible though. Oh well. How easily we slip back in to old habits.

mom's been driving me crazy. Been a long time since i've traveled with her. So passive aggressive, and everything has to be her way or she tantrums. But quietly tantrums. It was just easier to say "sure, whatever, i don't care, whatever you'd like." then she'd say, "i need some help, i want your input." so i'd give it to her. We'd end up doing what she wanted in the end. Such a silly game. But i really didn't caree where we went to eat. It was all good. The only time it really bugged me was on the days that the sun wasn't out and she still wanted to be by the pool.

And i went parasailing. Such a wonderful experience. Really enjoyed it. Took my camera up with me and got pictures. It was the perfect day for it, too.

And i got to go inside a mexican Walmart. That was my quest for the trip. After i saw the store from the taxi on the way to our first night into downtown, i wanted to go there. Still not sure why. Just felt it had to be dramatically different than the ones at home. Everything is so americanized there now. Kinda sucks. Changes the city. Anyway. We finally went last night. It was one of the supercenters with a full grocery. It wasn't stocked to the brim like ours are. There's a little bit of a lot. I bought a couple bottles of hot sauce for hubby bubby, andd found two knitting mags.

So i found two stores that sell yarn (walmart didn't even have it). La Perlita had some behind a glass case. But it was only Sinfonia, which we have at home. No patterns or anything else. The other store, Telas Parisina, had the same stuff, plus a bit of Bernat. ::pout:: oh well. I have plenty at home. Just thought it would be nice.

I think that's about it. Just ready to go home and be with my hubby. I'm such a sap. But we haven't been apart for a week before, at least not since we got married.

bye bye vallarta...

No comments: